About this Product
Climb the mountains and explore stunning Switzerland – Thomson Interactive’s popular line-up of Swiss add-ons continues with the famed Bernina Pass.
Opened between 1908 and 1910, the railway which traversed the challenging Bernina Pass was built to extend the reach of rail travel, for locals and tourists, expanding upon the success of the Albula Line. The peaks and valleys of the Bernina Alps required rails as high as 2,253 m (7,392 ft), and so the route was built with a staggering 7% gradient for the most part, in both directions, and had to feature engineering marvels such as hairpin curves and plenty of tunnels – all of which are still in use today.
Construction was costly, and the line struggled to pay for itself to begin with, but once it was taken over by the by the Rhaetian Railway (RhB) in 1943, substantial upgrades revitalised it, and today, it is a world-renowned route through the Alps. The Bernina Pass is served most famously by the Bernina Express, which connects Switzerland and Italy and offers an unrivalled view thanks to the panoramic coaches which are used.
In Train Simulator, the Bernina Pass has been captured exquisitely, right down to individual station building features and the intricate overhead electrification (which the pantograph reacts to). Your virtual journey starts from either St. Moritz or Samedan, familiar locations to owners of the Albula Line, but the line takes a new direction from either station, heading south into the picturesque Bernina Valley.
Things take a turn for speed to begin with, however you’ll soon be riding the steep climb up towards the top of the route, and depending on the time of year, you’ll see the landscape change into something of a wonderland. It is then hairpin central as the descent begins, before finally landing at the base of the valley in Poschiavo.
Climb aboard today and experience the wonder of the Bernina Pass: St. Moritz and Samadan to Poschiavo route.
A total of 11 scenarios are included, 6 Career Mode, 3 Railfan Mode and 2 Passenger Mode:
- (Abe 8/12 RHB) Allegra Tutorial
- (Abe 8/12 RHB) BEX Autumn Southbound
- (Abe 8/12 RHB) BEX Winter Northbound
- (Abe 8/12 RHB) Container Deliveries
- (Abe 8/12 RHB) Depot Transfer
- (Abe 8/12 RHB) The Engadine Triangle
- (RailfanMode) Bernina Diavolezza in Summer
- (RailfanMode) Ospizio Bernina in Winter
- (RailfanMode) Poschiavo in Autumn
- (PassengerMode) Samedan to Alp Grüm
- (PassengerMode) Alp Grüm to Poschiavo
- Quick Drive compatible
For customers who own the amazing Albula Line: St Moritz – Thusis Route Add-On, Thomson Interactive have joined Bernina Pass with Albula Line which you can download for free from the Steam Workshop:
Click here to download the Albula Line and Bernina Pass Joined Route. Please note you will need to own both the Albula Line: St Moritz – Thusis Route Add-On, which is a separate purchase, and Bernina Pass in order to play this joined route.
More scenarios are available on the Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
- 49 km (30 mile) route from St. Moritz and Samedan to Poschiavo
- Metre gauge track system with 3D sleepers, animated junction levers and illuminated
- Spring, Autumn and Winter snow effects including deep track snow at high altitude in Winter with dynamic snow ploughs on trains.
- RhB signalling system with custom designed signal models and features including:
- Group signals unique to this line
- Animated Brake Test and “Abfahrbefehl” (departure indicators)
- Operating “Besetztes Gleis” indicators for entering occupied platforms
- Three state ground signals that function correctly between main signals
- ZSI-90 Safety System track magnets and in-cabin equipment
- New random request stop features designed especially for the Bernina Pass route.
- Over 100 overhead line equipment and catenary models.
- Dynamically operating pantographs for the Abe 8/12 Allegra. Player trains have pantographs that dynamically follow the height of the overhead wires and lower through tunnels.
- Custom bridge, tunnel portal and snow gallery models designed to accurately represent the stunning engineering of the route.
- Highly detailed station models designed from our survey of the route along with many other feature models along the line.
- Animated ski lift models in Celerina.
- Detailed rock face models to capture the breath-taking scenery of the route.
- Passenger view for the EWA coach of the Allegra where you can take in the breath-taking scenery and observe the driver’s cabin through the glass partition.
- 4 x Bernina Express coach types including first class passenger view.
- Lb-v container wagons and Sp-w timber wagons are included.
- Route fully configured for Quick Drive scenarios.
- 3 x Railfan mode scenarios.
- 8 x Career scenarios including a guided tutorial for the ABe 8/12 Allegra train and two new
Passenger Mode journeys.
- Download size: 510mb
Date Released: 20/09/2018
Requires: Train Simulator 2020
Developer: Thomson Interactive
Language: English, German, French
“This is a lovely, detailed route which looks gorgeous whatever the season. The attention to detail is excellent and you really have to concentrate on not just admiring the scenery if you want to stay within the speed limits. After a stressful day it’s nice to be able to chill-out doing an end-to-end drive. Even better with the add-on packs.”
MINIMUM FOR 32-BIT: OS: 32-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 8.1 or 10 Required (Other OS versions and types are not supported) Processor: Intel Core-i3 4330 3.50 GHz Dual Core or AMD A8 6600K 3.90 GHz Quad Core or Better Memory: 4 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Graphics with 1 GB Dedicated VRAM or Better DirectX®: 9.0c Network: Broadband Connection (May incur additional costs for use) Storage: 40 GB or more available space (Additional Add-Ons will require more) Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Audio Device Additional Notes: Requires mouse and keyboard or Xbox Controller Laptop, Notebook, Mobile or Low Power versions of the above specifications (including Intel or Integrated Graphics) may work but are not supported. Updates to Chipset, Graphics and Audio Device Drivers may be required. For information relating to recommended specifications for Train Simulator 64-bit, please refer to the Train Simulator 2019 User Guide.
RECOMMENDED FOR 32-BIT: OS: 32- or 64-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 8.1 or 10 Required (Other OS versions and types are not supported) Processor: Intel Core-i5 4690 3.50 GHz Quad Core or AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.80 GHz Quad Core or Better Memory: 4 GB RAM (maximum possible under 32-bit Windows)/16 GB or Better (For 64-bit Windows) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 480 with 4 GB Dedicated VRAM or Better DirectX®: 9.0c Network: Broadband Connection (May incur additional costs for use) Storage: High Performance SSD Recommended with 40 GB or more available space (Additional Add-Ons will require more) Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Audio Device Additional Notes: Requires mouse and keyboard or Xbox Controller Laptop, Notebook, Mobile or Low Power versions of the above specifications (including Intel or Integrated Graphics) may work but are not supported. Updates to Chipset, Graphics and Audio Device Drivers may be required. For information relating to recommended specifications for Train Simulator 64-bit, please refer to the Train Simulator 2019 User Guide. “Dovetail Games” (“DTG”) is a trading name of RailSimulator.com Limited. “Dovetail Games”, “RailSimulator.com” and the “Dovetail Games Train Simulator” logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of DTG. All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.